HOW TO HANDLE A DIFFICULT BOSS


Days a go i thought i had a difficult boss, i wouldn't call him a bad boss or a meanie but a difficult one, because i believed he had a legitimate beef with me. You know, the kind of beef you have with a coworker and always find mistakes in what they do?

Well, i thought i was getting signs from how he interacts with me, how he responds to my salutations when he comes into work, how he doesn't give me similar coaching or attention as he does the other two staffs in my department. I felt like i could barely get his attention and when i ever i do get his attention he quickly ends the conversation. I strongly believed the recent office stealing made matters even worse, as he had a closed door meeting without me. I started having my usual paranoia, and mind juggling wondering what i should improve to get his attention and make him see i am good at my job, soon after i kept trying so hard i concluded that my boss was being difficult!!

I started to hate him, because i felt like he just doesn't like me, i was super worried as i had no idea what i did. I read somewhere that i shouldn't hate my boss because if i hate my boss i would hate my job and i really like my job, but i was already hating my boss. 
So i did what i do best Prayed about it, then somehow i stumbled upon an article on the muse.com website  about "10 brilliant tips for dealing with a difficult boss", i am really happy i read this article as it finally made realize a very important thing, but first here are the 10 tips i read about
  1. MAKE SURE YOU ARE DEALING WITH A BAD BOSS
  2. Identify your boss motivation
  3. Don't let it affect your work
  4. Stay one step ahead
  5. Document Everything
  6. Wait it out
  7. Act as the leader
  8. Identify Triggers
  9. Use tips from couple therapy
  10. Avoid future bad bosses
Did you get what i realized now????
I realized that i wasn't dealing with a bad boss, and that my boss was just being difficult because he is having a hard time, there's been delays in some projects and lots more I'm not allowed to write on this blog, the point is the issue wasn't with me. I was so glad to realize this sooner and now we have this great rapport in the office, i am really super happy!!!!!!!!! 
To read the full article "10 brilliant tips for dealing with a difficult boss" on the muse.com click the link below

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 Unexpected Traits You Will Only Find In Intelligent people!

WHERE IN THE WORD IS "KLAUS"

TURNING 25 "THE FIRST STEP" "SILVER JUBILEE