Must know phrases to start conversation in China

The first part of a conversation is the presentation. You should be able to ask for a name and surname, ask about nationality and ask about what languages somebody speaks. These are the questions and answers to use.




Ask for name and surname

Question

Answer

你叫什么名字?

Nǐ jiào shénme míngzì
Whats your name?

我叫大卫. 你呢?

Wǒ jiào dà wèi. Nǐ ne?

My name is David. How about you?

你姓什么?

Nǐ xìng shénme?

What's your last name?

我姓张

Wǒ xìng zhāng

My surname is Zhang


Ask for nationality

Question

Answer

你是哪国人?
Nǐ shì nǎ guórén?
Where are you from?我是中国人
Wǒ shì zhōngguó rén
I am Chinese你是不是英国人?
Nǐ shì bù shì yīngguó rén?
Are you British?是/
shì/bù shì
I am/I am not

Ask about spoken languages

Question

Answer

你会说汉语吗?
Nǐ huì shuō hànyǔ ma?
Do you speak Chinese?我会说一点儿
Wǒ huì shuō yīdiǎnr
I can speak a little你会说英语吗?
Nǐ huì shuō yīngyǔ ma?
Do you speak English?我会说
Wǒ huì shuō
I do你会说西班牙语吗?
Nǐ huì shuō xībānyáyǔ ma?
Do you speak Spanish?我不会说
Wǒ bù huì shuō
I don't

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 Unexpected Traits You Will Only Find In Intelligent people!

WHERE IN THE WORD IS "KLAUS"

TURNING 25 "THE FIRST STEP" "SILVER JUBILEE